Before lunchtime yesterday.
- Woke up on a comfortable bed and enjoyed a prolonged snuggle with my son.
- Took a moment to enjoy the beauty of the world washed grey by the fog outside
- Used indoor plumbing three times, and washed my hands with vanilla scented soap
- Cuddled with Xander on a comfortable and well-loved sofa and discussed breakfast options (we have options!)
- Took a long drink of fresh, clean water (took several, actually)
- Petted a ridiculously affectionate fluffy cat (with a toddler, who was actually gentle)
- Played a game of Monkey See Monkey Do with Xander (he is SO good at reminding me how to play…when I take the time to pay attention)
- Opened a fridge and cupboards full of food and picked the foods I wanted to eat for breakfast from a wide range of options (we had cinnamon toast and blueberries, and they were delicious)
- Had a family snuggle with Matthew and Xander
- Made coffee for Matthew and savoured the smell (I can’t drink it because it makes me CRAZY, but oh, how I love the smell!)
- Enjoyed my own GIANT mug of Red Rose tea with milk (my favourite drink, which does NOT make me crazy)
- Kissed Matthew goodbye and chuckled as Xander performed his daily “saying goodbye to daddy” story in the hallway (complete with nonsense language and choreography of some kind as he acts out the story)
- Folded and put away a rainbow spectrum of clean clothes that I love
- Put my son in his stroller and went outside on a gloriously sunny and warm day
- Was stopped by my neighbour, who presented Xander with a bag full of candy
- Put up some of the AMAZING posters that my husband designed for my Dancing Mamas Tribe
- Arrived at the library to find that there was a live presentation of gymnastics by a team from Denmark about to start. Watched incredible (and adorable) junior athletes tumble and dance in the sun, and got a little teary.
- Turned homeward under clear blue skies and felt a breeze start to cool the sweat from my back as I pushed the stroller
- Stopped at Starbucks to put up a poster, and enjoyed a free sample chocolate coconut frappuccino and a piece of cookie along with the incredible orange juice that I bought to share with Xander.
- Enjoyed a moment on a sofa in the sweet, sweet air conditioning before heading back home.
And that was just before lunchtime!
I want to live every day like this.
I felt so grateful and blessed for everything in my life. I experienced so much more magic than I usually do (the gymnasts? the candy? I mean, come on!). And I felt more centred in my body than I have in a long while. More connected to my loved ones. Just…better.
I can’t recommend this highly enough.